Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Lindsay Lohan behind bars, but not DOA Diana!!

While cruising my Huffington Post, the title mortified me, "OLD PHOTO HAS PARENTS REMEMBERING HAPPIER TIMES". I thought it was going to be an article about one of WAY TOO MANY victims in CT, but the photo caught my attention with the sofa in the background covered in the old ever so brilliant clear vinyl.. assuring that that sofa textile material stays pristine.. yet everyone would rather sit on the floor! (I guess the sofa is a good look.. lol) Never the less, I thought, gosh.. who in CT is still using that vinyl on their sofa's certainly this must be an older pic of someone. Indeed. It was not a CT victim.. it was Lindsay Lohan.

The article went on to talk about how Dina tweeted this Christmas pic of her and her children during happier times, and that she forgets what gifts were given to the children, and goes on about how now Lindsay is going back to jail or something. I have children.. though I tend to say I have little people.. because that is what they are, little people. One day they will be big people.. at least that is the mindset we have and live in every day. Somewhere along the way, Lindsay Lohan as just a little girl was put into the spot light ONLY with her parents help. Little people cannot drive themselves to auditions, agencies etc. that I am aware of. During that journey of $$ and fame, Lindsay apparently got lost... as she seems to get into trouble an awful lot. Yet, for a woman that seems to get in trouble and not much else, opportunity STILL seems to be at her door. That seems to work out ok! They didn't write about me in the Huffington Post. (..when they do, I won't be in trouble.)

Fame, fortune, and children don't seem to mix very well. The spot light puts one in view and so many in the dark behind that light, and it seems if a person isn't aware of their direction, it will provide certain confusion and turmoil. These ideas remind me of my painting "DOA DIANA". While painting Princess Diana, I came to the conclusion that something seemed to be missing ... yes her smile that lit up a room was there, but the stories that I heard (of Diana and her life) from behind the gates at Her Majesty's the Queen of England's home in Sandringham, didn't seem to show at all in the painting. Unlike Lindsay, Diana, seemed to love to do good things for many people. In fairness though, Diana was an adult when the spot light was turned on. Light is light, and it allows many people to see, sometime when it's too late. Diana was DOA, after a car accident with the/avoiding, paparazzi. Diana was run over, run down.

So many lives, so much beauty ends up before it even begins. It is the holiday season and while so many are hoping and wishing for gifts, and stressing about giving, there are many whose lives are excruciating. I started my day the very same way some of the parents in CT did, as they readied their little ones for school.

I would love to offer, and honor the lives of these beautiful little angels by doing paintings of each and everyone one of them, for them to be hung altogether.. and shown together, as they left this world together. Together we can remember, as it's all about the journey, we don't take the destination with us.


Enjoy the big of it all...
MW

2 comments:

  1. The paintings are a wonderful idea. I enjoy your writing too. Happy Holidays to you and your little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I have children.. though I tend to say I have little people.. because that is what they are, little people. One day they will be big people.. at least that is the mindset we have and live in every day. Somewhere along the way, Lindsay Lohan as just a little girl was put into the spot light ONLY with her parents help. Little people cannot drive themselves to auditions, agencies etc. that I am aware of. During that journey of $$ and fame, Lindsay apparently got lost..."

    So true, I think of this, that these people are not much different than I or my loved ones, were once little people just like I was like my son was and everytime I read some of the hate filled talk about these young celebrities; even by people who are old enough to be their mothers or fathers, people have children of their own; I wonder why we are so easy to distance ourselves from each other, from our celebrities. It is often what worries me about ease of celebrating or heroifying.

    Thank you for your Diana painting, another story that distresses me and threatens to crush my hope in the kindness of humanity. I will be eager to see your paintings of the children, if you decide to do them.

    ReplyDelete