Thursday, December 13, 2012

Common Sense Is Uncommon


Morning is always my favorite time of day.  I tend to be up before most individuals, which is nice because it gives me a chance to evaluate the plan of the day before the circus begins.  This morning was particularly poignant, as it seemed to be filled with amazing complications of everyone in the household grasping common sense to solve a problem.  If your hair is tangled, try brushing it.  If your leg is in pain, try some Tylenol.  If you want Chex cereal for breakfast, ask for it before you lick the icing off of a cinnamon roll.  I think that common sense isn't common anymore.  Once everything and everyone was off into their set plan of the day the reality that the lack thereof expanded into how it seems to be a widespread problem.  Randall clicked on some current news as I was cruising the web for potential new spaces and that is when I heard it.  "Apple Maps, are leading people into the middle of nowhere and creating life threatening situations... some people being stranded for up to 24hours without food, water, gas, or cell reception!"  Really?  At what point does one or should one.. go on instinct or perhaps a natural thought process and say.. "hmm.... this doesn't seem right?".  It's things like this that was part of the motivational process for the painting I created, "The buck stops here".  What does that really mean?  Does the buck ever stop?  I think a lot of people go throughout their daily lives without actually even touching paper $.  Virtual doesn't mean actual.  It seems to me the buck can keep going long after it should, creating an entire new set of dilemmas.  But what is the buck even?  I think that you can rely on that notion as much as apple maps.  Sometimes it may just be a good idea to be basic, but I guess if you end up in the middle of nowhere, that would be an entirely new opportunity for an exciting adventure!
 
Enjoy the big of it all...
MW
 

No comments:

Post a Comment